Charles Brand are currently constructing the Lagan Gateway Project for Belfast City Council. The Lagan Gateway project includes structural improvements and development works at Stranmillis including:
• Construction of a new navigation lock adjacent to the River Lagan
• Construction of a 3span 70m long iconic foot and cycle bridge from Stranmillis to Annadale
• Structural improvements and refurbishment of the existing designated weir structure including the installation of downstream scour protection
• High specification landscaping and public realm
• Redevelopment of towpath connections to accommodate walking and cycling
• Installation of floating pontoons
Lock 1 Lagan Gateway project forms a key element in the long- term regeneration of the Lagan Navigation. It is the first step towards opening the navigation from Belfast to Lisburn, and eventually all the way to Lough Neagh. The Scheme will revitalise the River Lagan and provide a long-term legacy for generations to come.